Which documents entitle Swiss expatriates to obtain a Swiss Travel System ticket?

Swiss citizens resident abroad are entitled to the Swiss Travel System’s range of travel passes. It’s important that you have proof of your identity with you when you travel. This can be used to confirm that you are resident abroad and entitled to possess a Swiss Travel Pass.

A Swiss passport must be presented as proof of identity, together with a residence permit, driving licence or residence certificate, which serves as proof that your permanent residence is abroad and not in Switzerland or the Principality of Liechtenstein.

Was this article helpful?

  • 111 out of 149 found this helpful



All topics

Still need help?
Call us
00800 100 200 29 (gratis - local taxes may apply)
Write us
Submit a request